We were asked by President Benton to do five things at General Villegas:
1. Review the finances and help them set up a proper system and complete their reports
2. Help them find a new pension (if necessary)
3. Visit various families and stay for Church and give some talks.
4. See that they are using the new chapel area and what physical needs they may have. We brought them an additional 15 chairs for this first Sunday in their new chapel area.
5. Check up on the English studies of Elder Alvarez, the Branch President.
The Elders were prepared and excited to have us. We were able to fulfill all of the President’s directives. We concluded they definitely needed another apartment and agreed on their choice, after viewing several possibilities. On Saturday we visited with the Edelio and Monica Moreno family and their eight children who have been members for about a year. We were touched by their humble circumstances and their strong testimonies of the gospel. On Sunday, the Elders and us were invited to eat an authentic Argentine asado (bbq) with the extended Cruz family. The father is a real gaucho (cowboy).